Network Uptime Service Level Agreement (SLA)
Rocksolidnet guarantees network uptime to be 100%. This guarantee assures that all major routing devices within our network are reachable from the global internet 100% of the time.
We are so confident in our services, we offer 10 times ( 1,000% ) the actual amount of downtime.
Network SLA Exclusions
Many possible situations are completely beyond the control of Rocksolidnet, and therefore are not in the scope of this SLA. These situations include:
- Scheduled Network Maintenance - occasionally network maintenance will be required. Rocksolidnet will do everything possible to minimize and avoid downtime during this maintenance. You will receive prior notification of upcoming maintenance at the email address we have on file. Scheduled maintenance periods are not eligible for SLA credits.
- Hardware Maintenance - on rare occasions, the hardware in a server may need maintenance or replacement. Rocksolidnet will do everything possible to minimize any downtime in these situations per our hardware replacement SLA. Any downtime incurred as a result of this maintenance will not be counted towards our network SLA.
- Software Maintenance - an important part of managing a complex hosting environment is keeping the software up to date. Occasionally software updates will be required to address security, performance issues and to deploy new features. Usually you will experience little or no downtime in these situations, but we cannot guarantee a specific amount of time in all situations.
- Malicious Attacks - if a third party not associated with Rocksolidnet initiates a "Denial of Service" or other form of disabling attack against your website, VPS or Dedicated Server or major portions of our network and/or affiliated networks, Rocksolidnet will do everything in its power to stop the attack, but cannot guarantee a resolution time.
- cPanel Issues - if you choose to run cPanel and Web Host Manager on your Dedicated Server, the default install will be configured for automatic updates of cPanel related software. On occasion, one of these automatic updates could adversely affect all or part of the cPanel related software on you server. Rocksolidnet will do whatever is necessary to fix any cPanel related problems, but cannot guarantee a resolution time.
Network SLA Remedy
In the event that Rocksolidnet does not meet this SLA, Dedicated Hosting clients will become eligible to request compensation for downtime. If Rocksolidnet is or is not directly responsible for causing the downtime, the customer will receive a credit for 10 times ( 1,000% ) the actual amount of downtime. This means that if your server is unreachable for 1 hour (beyond the 0.0% allowed), you will receive 10 hours of credit.
All requests for compensation must be received within 5 business days of the incident in question. The amount of compensation may not exceed the customer's monthly recurring charge. This SLA does not apply for any month that the customer has been in breach of Rocksolidnet Terms of Service or if the account is in default of payment.
Hardware Replacement Service Level Agreement
Rocksolidnet guarantees that in the event of a dedicated server hardware failure, the faulty hardware will be replaced within 60 Minutes of identifying the problem. In the event that this guarantee is not met, Rocksolidnet will issue a credit for ten times the actual amount of additional downtime. The amount of compensation may not exceed the customer's monthly recurring charge. This guarantee does not include the time it requires to perform additional software related maintenance, including rebuilding web accounts from backups, cloning hard drives, reloading the operating system, reloading and configuring applications, or rebuilding raid arrays.
How to Report a Problem
Rocksolidnet technicians are available 24 hours a day. There are a number of ways to reach us, including toll free phone support, online help desk, and email.